Diamond Cup – ERCU Race #3
- Three preliminary heats of five laps each for modern and vintage classes
- First and second connies for modern and vintage (depending on number of boats).
- First connie winner advances to the final as a trailer. Second connie winner advances to the first connie as a trailer.
- Second place boat in the first connie is an alternate for the final
- Winner-take-all championship finals for modern and vintage
- Vintage class boats may use open prop
History of the Real Diamond Cup
Much could be writen about the Diamond Cup, but this linked article from the Spokesman Review provides the perfect historical perspective of the race: